NORTHBROOK, ILLINOIS — Oct. 18, 2023 — UL Solutions, a global leader in applied safety science, today announced it is the winner of the Autonomous Vehicle Training Platform of the Year award for its contributions to helping advance autonomous vehicle safety in the fourth annual AutoTech Breakthrough Awards. This awards program is conducted by AutoTech Breakthrough, a leading market intelligence organization that recognizes the top companies, technologies and products in today’s global automotive and transportation technology markets.
- AutoTech Breakthrough cited UL Solutions’ work in helping the automotive industry to understand, interpret and implement the relevant requirements and standards to produce and launch safer autonomous vehicle technologies, including:
- ANSI/UL 4600, the Standard for Evaluation of Autonomous Products, addresses safety principles and processes for evaluating fully autonomous products that require no human driver supervision.
- ISO 26262, road vehicles — Functional safety, applies to safety-related electrical or electronic (E/E) systems in vehicles and emphasizes functional safety management in the event of a system failure.
- ISO 21448, road vehicles — Safety of the intended functionality, which addresses unintended behavior of systems in the absence of ISO 26262 faults and applies to advanced driver assistance and emergency intervention systems.
- ISO/SAE 21434, road vehicles — Cybersecurity engineering, which specifies the requirements for cybersecurity risk management for vehicles, including components and interfaces.
About UL Solutions
A global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions transforms safety, security and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. UL Solutions delivers testing, inspection and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers’ product innovation and business growth. The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers’ products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission. We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains, and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future. Our science is your advantage.
T: +1 (847) 664.2139
T: +1 (847) 664.8425