Two-Day Course Overview
Artificial intelligence (AI) plays a significant role in the automotive industry as it competes to develop and market vehicles that can perform tasks that previously required an experienced driver.
Nowadays, carmakers and suppliers must face the difficulties of developing all the operational and tactical functions required to operate a vehicle in on-road traffic that performs driving maneuvers better than an experienced driver.
Machine Learning Training Topics
This Machine Learning (ML) for automotive safety assurance training provides guidance for the safe development of ML components into the state-of-the-art safety frameworks used for automotive including functional Safety (FuSa) and Safety of the Intended Function (SOTIF). This training also includes the reference information of novel autonomy safety standards such as:
- UL 4600, the Standard for Evaluation of Autonomous Products
- ISO/TR 4804:2020, Safety and cybersecurity for automated driving systems – Design, verification and validation
- ISO/IEC DTR 5469, Artificial Intelligence – Functional safety and AI systems
- ISO/AWI PAS 8800, Road Vehicles – Safety and artificial intelligence
- ISO/IEC TR 24029-1:2021, Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Assessment of the robustness of neural networks – Part 1: Overview
- ISO/IEC CD 24029-2, Artificial intelligence (AI) – Assessment of the robustness of neural networks – Part 2: Methodology for the use of formal methods.
- Automotive Safety and AI Standards
- Deployment of AI into Systems
- Factors to Consider for AI Safety
- Running Example
- Specification and Design (SOTIF-Specific)
- AI Safety Culture
- Concept Phase
- System Development Phase
- Hardware Development Phase
- Software Development Phase
- Verification and Validation (V&V) Strategy
- Software Verification Phase
- Hardware Verification Phase
- System Verification Phase
- Vehicle Verification and Validation Phase
- Operations, Decommissioning, Service and Maintenance
Optional UL-CASP Exam
Participants who complete all two days of training are eligible to take a two hour certification exam on the morning of the third day. Those who pass the exam are individually certified as a UL Certified Autonomy Safety Professional – Machine Learning or UL-CASP.