One-Day Course Overview
This one-day training session covers functional safety for the development of automotive embedded software, based on the ISO 26262 standard, Part 6.
The course begins with an introduction to the ISO 26262 functional safety standard. Several core concepts are introduced, including automotive safety integrity level (ASIL) ratings, safety requirements, the safety life cycle and safety management. The training focuses on ISO 26262, Part 6 and Product Development at the Software Level. The full software safety life cycle is described in detail with examples. Related topics, such as tool qualification, component qualification and freedom from interference are also described.
ISO 26262 Training Topics
- Introduction to ISO 26262: Risk, ASILs, and safety concepts
- Software development life cycle
- Software safety analysis with failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Software advanced topics: tool qualification, component qualification and freedom from interference argument
- Application of ISO 26262:2018 for model-based development