Working at kVA
kVA’s strength is our employees. Our achievements depend on our employees’ character, knowledge and desire to succeed. Each employee is a major contributor to kVA’s mission and are encouraged to share their ideas and opinions. kVA seeks to establish a culture where employees share kVA’s common goals and vision of safety for complex products.
kVA is committed to employees and their families. We offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work schedule
- 16 paid holidays in addition to vacation
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contributions
- Short and long-term disability
- Generous maternity and paternity policy
- Advanced training and educational opportunities
- Opportunity to make the world a safer place
Senior Functional Safety Engineer - Royal Oak, Michigan
kVA is seeking a Senior Engineer to become an integral part of our growing team. This employee will help to assure the safety of complex systems, in applications ranging from autonomous vehicles to multi-core microprocessors to electric vehicle powertrains. kVA’s experts are sought after by automotive experts worldwide as they develop advanced safety-relevant systems. The senior engineer will work with kVA’s clients to develop verified safe products, using leading-edge technologies and the best available safety approaches.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to execute safe engineering processes for development of automotive electronic systems. This employee must be intelligent, self-motivated and driven to succeed. Specific duties vary from case to case, but are likely to include:
- development of functional and technical safety concepts to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 requirements;
- qualitative and quantitative analysis, using methods such as FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, and alternate safety analysis approaches;
- requirements elicitation and test case development for safety-critical assurance processes;
- implementation of safety management programs in product development settings;
- design, development, integration, and test support at major OEM and supplier sites.
Human Resources Administrator - Royal Oak, Michigan
This position offers you the opportunity to join a small but growing leader in an expanding niche market and serve as our only dedicated HR professional. You’ll work independently in our Royal Oak office as you keep your finger on the pulse of the company and ensure we have the processes and benefits in place to retain and grow our outstanding team of engineers. You’ll take ownership of your role, managing day-to-day tactical duties, as well as earning credibility with the Engineering team, partnering with the extended team in South Carolina, and ensuring a solid, scalable HR foundation is in place to support our ongoing growth. This is a rare opportunity for a smart and motivated generalist with the bandwidth to further develop his/her skills and make an impact that will be felt companywide. Prove yourself and you can continue to grow your career at kVA.
Typical day-to-day activities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Responsible for monthly benefit administration, yearly open enrollment and respond to any benefit questions from kVA staff.
- Process monthly payroll report and send to third party payroll provider.
- Lead kVA’s talent acquisition and recruiting efforts for regular full time and internship opportunities.
- Lead kVAs weekly finance meetings and process monthly invoices to customers.
- Follow up with customers regarding kVA’s accounts receivable and work with vendors to maintain kVA’s accounts payable.
- Administer kVA’s 401K program compliance and workers compensation audits.
- Serve as the single, human resources point of contact for Royal Oak and Greenville, SC. This person will be responsible for partnering with management to maintain operations of the Royal Oak office.
kVA is a dynamic and growing company with offices in Royal Oak, MI and Greenville, SC. Our clients include six of the world’s top ten automakers and five of the world’s top ten automotive suppliers. Join our team and help kVA develop the next generation of safe automotive systems.